Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Fighting Back: Wrestling with Cancer - THE EVENT  (Read 20812 times)
segnosaur

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 04:02:13 PM »

Here's a random question....

How will you be treating the heels during this show?

Normally, I boo heels at the show. Its not that I dislike wrestlers like (for example) the Hollywood Hunks; They put a good effort in and are often more entertaining than the faces. I just recognize that their roll is that of the villain, so I respond accordingly. (I'm assuming the wrestlers playing the heels actually like the negative reactions, over the alternative of silence.)

But at a charity show such as Fighting Back, it somehow seems wrong to boo anyone.
RotchyKongISW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 06:29:19 PM »

It's a wrestling show, dude.  It's a fundraiser/benefit show - but it's still a wrestling show.

www.interspecieswrestling.com
"Pro wrestling is f***ed, and we're doing the f***ing."
KS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 11:23:01 PM »

Any idea on what the card might be???
Either or, I know it's going to be epic, and that I'm going to be merching like a mofo.

Fighting-Back

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 01:53:58 AM »

Any idea on what the card might be???
Either or, I know it's going to be epic, and that I'm going to be merching like a mofo.

Card info, ticket prices and availability should be released some point next week.
Fighting-Back

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 04:09:19 PM »

FIGHTING BACK!  Double Main Event!
In one month from now, professional wrestling talent from Ottawa and Montreal (and elsewhere) will come together for two important reasons:  Firstly, they will be doing so to honour the spirit and memory of a friend, college and inspiration – Francois “Phrank” Morin.

Secondly, they will stand up to the horrible disease that took Phrank’s life all too early – and attempt to raise as much money possible for the Canadian Cancer Society, in Phrank’s name.

On August 12th, 2011 – we are all FIGHTING BACK.

Now, let’s get right to it.  Two huge main events set for this event… and here they are!

Ottawa’s biggest home-grown talents, and arguably Canada’s top tag team – The Super Smash Brothers, C*4 Champion “Player Dos” Stupefied and Player Uno – will be in action.   The duo, who broke into the wrestling business along side Morin were also two of his best friends outside of the ring.   On August 12th, they will pair up once again in honour of their friend.

The Super Smash Brothers will be facing off a tag team which has quickly become a top tandem in the Ottawa area.  They will be facing off against two men who are looking to take that claim of “Canada’s top tag team”.  That team is the current C*4 Tag Team Champions, “Mr. Wrestling” Kevin Steen and “Speedball” Mike Bailey.

This first time ever tag team match will no doubt be a match of the year candidate, and one that any true wrestling fan will not want to miss!

Main Event #1
C*4 Tag Team Champions
“Mr. Wrestling” Kevin Steen & “Speedball” Mike Bailey
Vs.
The Super Smash Brothers
 (C*4 Champion -“Player Dos” Stupefied & Player Uno)

Our second half of the huge double-main event will see a local who feels he is a living legend, against a hardcore icon.

As previously announced, Fighting Back is privileged to welcome former WWE, ECW, and TNA superstar TOMMY DREAMER to Ottawa!

Dreamer has told Fighting Back match-makers that he is ready for anybody who is willing to step into the ring with him.  Never shy of a challenge, Dreamer made a name for himself facing any and all opponents.

On August 12th, Dreamer will face off with a man whom much the same as him, who has made a reputation to taking on all opponents. 

When it comes to the list of top Ottawa stars, somewhere near the top, if not right on top sits “MVP” Michael Von Payton.   Von Payton, whether he is cheered or booed, has always been ready to take on “visiting” stars.   

On August 12th, Von Payton will square off with Dreamer, for the first time ever.  Will Von Payton further cement his stature in Ottawa as “the top star”, or will Dreamer knock MVP’s ego in check?

Main Event #2
Special Challenge
“MVP” Michael Von Payton
Vs.
Tommy Dreamer

-LIVE PRO WRESTLING!-
FRIDAY AUGUST 12th, 2011
“FIGHTING BACK: WRESTLING WITH CANCER”
@
Tudor Hall
3750 North Bowesville Road
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

VIP Tickets $25 in Advance / $30 at the door.
Doors at 6:30 pm
(VIP includes front row reserved + bonus meet & greet session)
General Admission Tickets $20– Doors at 7:30pm

*** Ticket availability to be announced next week! ***

*** 100% of ticket sales are going to the Canadian Cancer Society in memory of Phrank Morin ***

Show stars at 8:00pm
Event is all ages - Alcohol sales with valid ID.

The Card So Far:

Main Event #1
C*4 Tag Team Champions
“Mr. Wrestling” Kevin Steen & “Speedball” Mike Bailey
Vs.
The Super Smash Brothers
 (C*4 Champion -“Player Dos” Stupefied & Player Uno)

Main Event #2
Special Challenge
“MVP” Michael Von Payton
Vs.
Tommy Dreamer

Plus much more to be announced soon!

Moonbase_Alpha
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 04:45:02 PM »

2 stellar matches announced and we are already psyched!
KS

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 05:42:32 PM »

Great card so far. The event itself is worth the admission, but now with these 2 matches (and others announced in time), how can you not show up? A great show for everyone! Not just wrestling fans, but everyone!

The Phil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 05:29:33 AM »

Planning to come up for this, can't wait.

Fighting-Back

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 05:54:52 PM »

Hey everybody,
First thing is first - a huge THANK YOU to everybody who generously donated to Inter Species Wrestling.  A final tally will be released shortly by ISW, but I can say this, without their support, this event would not be happening.

Next up - tickets will become available this weekend.  For those who want first crack at VIP tickets, make sure you come out to Acclaim's STAR-MAGEDDON (http://c4wrestling.com/community/general-wrestling-discussion/acclaim-pro-wrestling-presents-star-mageddon!-saturday-july-30th-2011!)  As stated previously, only a limited number of VIP tickets will be available, as they will be numbered for reserved front row seating.

Finally, sorry for the delay in match announcements - several exciting things are being worked on - and we will have a major card update in the next week!

showstopper

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 02:48:34 AM »

where can i get a ticket
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Jump to: