Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Rest in Peace, Phrank Morin  (Read 18920 times)
Nwo4LiFe
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 06:00:13 PM »

Francois (Phrank) Morin died earlier this year, on April 1.

Ravaged by cancer, Morin, who had wrestled as Stinky the Homeless Guy and Bash Bison, checked out at the age of 23. It was heartbreaking for his friends — in and out of the wrestling community.

“We saw him deteriorate physically and mentally,” says his best friend, Nicolas Dansereau (Player Uno). “A couple of months later, it still hurts.”

A group of his wrestling friends want to keep the memories going.

They’ve organized fundraisers, including C4’s Crossing the Line 4, at the Knights of Columbus Hall (260 McArthur Ave.) in Ottawa on June 17. Among those on the card: ROH stars American Wolves (Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards) and El Generico. Check c4wrestling.com for details. It’s all a buildup to a huge Fighting Back: Wrestling with Cancer card in August.

Dansereau and Morin, who were friends through school, at St. Jean De Brebeuf and Polyvalente de l'lle, grew up as wrestling fans. Morin encouraged his friend to train at the CPW wrestling school in Gatineau.

Morin, who at 6-foot-1, 240 lbs., was “built like a fridge,” found out he had cancer last December.

“He was always a happy, positive kind of guy,” says Dansereau. “He was like, ‘If I have it, I can beat it.’

“We had his approval to do the show. We wanted to have it while he was still alive. The T-shirts we are going to sell say, ‘Cancer stinks.’ That was his idea.”

Fans remember Morin as the loveable guy who got into the ring with ripped jeans and shirt, a taped shoe and a wrestling boot. To his friends, he was so much more.
C*4
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2011, 06:46:20 PM »

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2011/06/11/18270086.html
RotchyKongISW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 06:10:51 AM »

One year.  Went by so fast. 

RIP, buddy.  Miss you.  #CancerStinks

www.interspecieswrestling.com
"Pro wrestling is f***ed, and we're doing the f***ing."
MarkP

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2012, 01:07:46 PM »

As you said Mike, a year went by very fast.

You're loved and missed, and in many people's thoughts every day.  Miss you.
Le Bum

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2012, 03:33:28 PM »

Already 1 year... how time flies. Sad

Maryse est hot en clisse.
DieHard

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2012, 10:55:01 PM »

This is the only thing I'll think about every April 1.  I still remember Anthony calling me to let me know and me cursing him out pretty bad, thinking it was a stupid April Fools Day joke he was playing.

Bitch be tripping balls.

The Wrestling Game
http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w=144793
pete
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 02:53:29 AM »

I never was a fan of Phrank, so I really can't say that his death impacted me in any way, but I can feel for his close buddies as they are all the same age as my kids, and I have seen first hand how death impacts young people - WHY? Cause it's not supposed to happen at that age.

I remember how tough it was on my son when his friend was killed crossing the Airport Parkway, or my daughter when her friend was found murdered and drowned in a creek in Lebreton Flats. Both my kids could only wonder if they could have saved their friends if they could have been there.

I can only imagine how tough it was on Phrank's friends watching him get weaker and weaker, and knowing there was not a damn thing they could do about it.
RotchyKongISW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 03:25:10 AM »

Yeah, it was very tough.

RIP, Phrank.

www.interspecieswrestling.com
"Pro wrestling is f***ed, and we're doing the f***ing."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to: