Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Rest in Peace, Phrank Morin  (Read 19717 times)
Moonbase_Alpha
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 09:53:20 PM »

Fuck 'em up (In Heaven), Bison. Fuck 'em up. Sad
ZZTop

Apex Wrestling Show

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 07:20:37 AM »

Didn't know him well  and only spoke to him a few times but to the family and friends, My thoughts are with you. R.I.P Phrank

***~~~Keeping "The PIMP Hand" Strong since 2010~~~***
triplexwrestling

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 01:25:31 PM »

In honour of Phrank, I would like to pass on condolences in three manners.

1) Obviously from myself.  I loved him when he worked for me, even if it was only that one time.  He was such a genuine guy, not to mention an excellent worker.

2)From my wife.  She only watched him on video and still became enamoured and connected with his character.  She's by no means a wrestling fan and the fact he grabbed her in that way is amazing.

3)From Mike Johnson who was the ring announcer at that one and only show.  Mike had the chance to talk with Phrank and has always talked about how genuine and funny a person he was.

Anyone else have the urge to find EVERY Stinky The Homeless Guy math they can find in their collection and just enjoy them for the day?  That's what I'm doing.
MarkP

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 01:47:10 PM »

Anyone else have the urge to find EVERY Stinky The Homeless Guy math they can find in their collection and just enjoy them for the day?  That's what I'm doing.

I'm hoping Matt perhaps, when he has some time, could get a favourite of mine uploaded - Phrank as Kid Supreme vs. Player Uno vs. Stupefied, from CPW.  Probably one of the top three matches in CPW history.  A crazy fun match.  Crowd was going insane.

I did some match watching of his this weekend with friends.....  I watched a couple of battles between Stupefied and Phrank from C*4.  First from SnowBrawl 09, Stupefied against Stinky, in the opening round.  Stinky absolutely murders Stupefied.

They would meet about three months later in the first round at C*4's Title Tournament.  Again, Stupefied gets lucky, as now Bash Bison, tosses him around in all sorts of painful ways.

Also, we watched Stinky vs. Beast from ISW's Processed Cheese show in Gatineau.  A young looking Stinky busting out a Van-Hatinatinator.. haha..   

Keep sharing any memories you guys might have.
Moonbase_Alpha
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 02:02:22 PM »

I remember when "Bash" was Superstar Shayne Hawke's "property" and Shayne held up a visa to prove how much money he had and Bash cracked in the corner. Phrank's powerbombs were BRUTAL. Just bought Processed Cheese last weekend...I'll have to watch it.
J.R.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 12:57:49 AM »

I'll always remember when Phrank, Player Uno and Stupefied used to show up early afternoon prior to every CPW shows. They would rush to set up the ring so they could practice and KILL themselves with all the crazy shit they were trying out on each other.

Or this one time when they (Triforce) would come out for one of their matches. We basically told them to go out and have fun and so they did! Player Uno and Stupefied came out pushing Phrank sitting in a chair wearing one of those Burger King cardboard crown and a scepter. I was laughing my ass off.

No matter who, where or when he was wrestling, Phrank was always happy to step into a ring. I've never heard him complain, not once.

You'll be missed Phrank.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 06:19:01 PM by J.R. » Logged
GooberP
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 01:22:10 AM »

I never met Phrank, or even had the privilege of seeing him wrestle live, but I was lucky enough to see him wrestle numerous matches on DVD.

Although I never knew him, the impact his all too short life had on his many, many friends clearly shows what kind of person Phrank was.

RIP Phrank!
linkin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 04:27:19 AM »

Phrank was a great guy everytime i saw him he had a big smile that wouldnt go away andthat was with everyone. he will be missed. R.I.P phrank you will never be forgotten
RotchyKongISW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 05:25:47 PM »

I posted these Phrank stories elsewhere - but I will put them here, as well. 

Quote from: RotchyKongISW
I guess I could share something, too.

I first met Phrank when he was a 14 year old kid, skinny with shaggy bleached hair.  He was training at the local wrestling promotion's wrestling school - and my friends and I were looking for a filming gig.  He was nice.  Spoke very little english, and I made jokes about how he kinda resembled french actor Gerard Depardieu.   

Every time I saw him, he greeted me with a smile.  Something he'd become known for. 

We became better friends one night while attending a fellow wrestling school student's wedding reception.  It was boring.  Just really, really boring.  I was sitting around with a few of the guys - including Phrank - and we were just absolutely bored to tears.  I mentioned that a friend of mine was having a party that night, and I was missing it.  A party where he was known to smoke and grill tons of meat - and people would just eat, drink, and party.

We ditched the reception, and drove from Gatineau, Quebec to Ottawa's west end - and hit up the party.

To put myself over for a second (I promise, it's to further the story) - I was known amongst my party friends for my ability to slam beers faster than anyone else they knew.  I was dubbed the "Ottawa drinking champion" at another party - and there's actually a championship belt out there somewhere. 

Anyway - upon our arrival, I was handed bottles of beer - and asked to slam 'em.  I popped the caps off, and down they went.  Downed 3 in a row, in about 8 seconds.  My friends cheered - as Phrank looked on in amazement.  He had never seen anything like that before.  He put his hand on my shoulder - I looked at him - and he, in his slowly improving english asked "Mike...will you be my papa?"

I accepted, and with that - I was a 21 year old man with a 14 year old son.  Later that night, another of the young students became my son, too. 

Phrank was an incredible artist - and he drew this picture of our "family" a little while after that night.

I have many, many memories of Phrank - from filming him dancing all over malls in Ottawa for no reason - to arriving at his apartment one night, to see that he'd spraypainted the word "POO" all over the place out of drunken boredom.  There's one that has me laughing every time I think about it, though.

Canada Day (July 1) 2007 - I had a huge party.  Basically, the entire Inter Species Wrestling, C*4, and IWS rosters were in attendance.  Just a really good time, where food and drink were consumed - and people were powerbombed and German suplexed into a kiddie pool.  The party was great, and I have many fond memories of that day - but as I mentioned - one makes me laugh every time.

Late at night, the party was winding down.  It was dark outside, and the mosquitoes were out in full force - so we decided to take the party indoors.  There was karaoke and a little guitar hero - but Phrank's time was spent play fighting with my little brother and his friends.  They were about 6 at the time.  At one point, they decided they needed more room to fight - so they went out front.

About 10 minutes later - the kids came back into the house laughing.  Phrank followed - his hair messy, his clothes grass-stained, and footprints all over his face.  Dirty shoe footprints, as if the kids actually beat him up - covering his face - which, like always, had a smile plastered on it.

That's my favourite Phrank story.

As I said before - one of the greatest people I'll ever know.  I just wish that more of you had a chance to meet him.

That's all I've got for now.

-Mike

Mark then followed up on my story with this photo - which is probably the best I've ever seen.

Love forever, Phrank.

Tribute video made by a fan - Jeremy Rosa from Florida.

Stinky The Homeless Guy - (It's Getting OK Now)

-Mike

www.interspecieswrestling.com
"Pro wrestling is f***ed, and we're doing the f***ing."
CJFelony

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 06:25:51 PM »

Now that was an awesome video.

I wish I got to know Phrank better than I did.  Having only met him twice, we didn't get a whole lot of time to chat, but what I did know of him was that he was a very funny, and very genuine guy.  It sucks when someone gets taken from us too early, and I know how much his passing has saddened a lot of my close friends.

R.I.P. Bash Bison.  You will be greatly, greatly missed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to: