Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: C*4 Rise Above 2009 - AVAILABLE NOW ON DVD  (Read 4990 times)
C*4
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: November 12, 2009, 03:32:37 PM »

Available online at:
http://fortunevideoediting.com/store//catalog/product_info.php?products_id=139&osCsid=a8eca4bacca84d3c2ab82c516a16754f

Or purchase on Saturday Nov. 21st at C*4's Only The Best 2.
Trents

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 03:33:22 PM »

are dark matches going 2 be on future dvds or are they just going to be a vip bonus and posted later on this site. thx
DieHard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 03:12:05 PM »

I, personally, don't think they should ever be made available.  There is no motivation to pay the extra money if you're just going to be able to see the match on a DVD you'll probably buy anyway, or see for free posted here.  Leave it as a VIP bonus and that's it.  If the people who don't buy VIP tickets hear that they're missing on something, then they might buy VIP.  If they get to see it anyway, then there is no point.

Bitch be tripping balls.

The Wrestling Game
http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w=144793
pete
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 03:29:22 PM »

I, personally, don't think they should ever be made available.  There is no motivation to pay the extra money if you're just going to be able to see the match on a DVD you'll probably buy anyway, or see for free posted here.  Leave it as a VIP bonus and that's it.  If the people who don't buy VIP tickets hear that they're missing on something, then they might buy VIP.  If they get to see it anyway, then there is no point.

Aren't the VIP tickets usually selling out anyways? Suppose the ones who wanted VIP but couldn't get to them in time cause they were sold out, heard that they missed a hell of a Dark Match? I think it would be kinda nice if those unfortunate for missing out on VIP could be told: "Don't worry, you can get it on DVD!" 

I would think most buy VIP for guaranteed ringside, the Dark Matches are an extra bonus - just my 2 cents.
C*4
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 03:38:32 PM »

The VIP dark match was placed online for free, as there was no room for it on the DVD.  The last show ran long, so in order to allow it to fit on 2 discs, the dark match was cut.  And as so - it was made available to our fans online.

That isn't going to be the regular practice, it just worked out that way.  I am interested in hearing everybody's opinions on this matter though.
DieHard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 05:10:45 PM »

I, personally, don't think they should ever be made available.  There is no motivation to pay the extra money if you're just going to be able to see the match on a DVD you'll probably buy anyway, or see for free posted here.  Leave it as a VIP bonus and that's it.  If the people who don't buy VIP tickets hear that they're missing on something, then they might buy VIP.  If they get to see it anyway, then there is no point.

Aren't the VIP tickets usually selling out anyways? Suppose the ones who wanted VIP but couldn't get to them in time cause they were sold out, heard that they missed a hell of a Dark Match? I think it would be kinda nice if those unfortunate for missing out on VIP could be told: "Don't worry, you can get it on DVD!" 

I would think most buy VIP for guaranteed ringside, the Dark Matches are an extra bonus - just my 2 cents.

Agreed, for the most part.  However, I believe, on the tickets or advertisement, "...front row seats..." is not specified, but something to the effect of "... first choice of seats...".  Now, yes, I'm sure most are being bought on the premise that they'll get front row, but I've seen plenty of VIP holders moving to 2nd row or further back to get whatever darn seat they want.  If Mark is printing an amount of VIP tickets equal to however many front row seats he's setting up, then this, of course, gives him the option of printing more VIP seats for shows involving bigger names than other feds around here usually bring in, like this Saturday's show, since the ticket isn't guaranteeing a front row seat.

Ultimately, it would be up to Mark to say whether VIP is selling out or not.  I guess he could also come up with some kind of rule which says, if VIP sells out, the match will be on the DVD, but if it doesn't sell out, it's not.  Kinda like the "blackout" rule some sports teams use to determine whether their game will be televised locally or not.  I dunno... I guess there will be plenty of options and opinions, though.

Bitch be tripping balls.

The Wrestling Game
http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w=144793
C*4
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 05:52:13 PM »

Currently we print between 50 and 60 VIP tickets.  I make sure that the number front row seats put out correspond with the amount of VIP tickets available.
I have changed advertising the whole VIP ticket thing from "Front row" seats, to "first choice seating", simply for the fact that some people come in early and take a second row seat.    However, the amount of front row seats correspond to the amount of tickets printed.
Moonbase_Alpha
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 07:14:37 PM »

Hmmmm...

The dark match IS a good incentive to buy the dvd for those who can't get vip tickets...
ZZTop

Apex Wrestling Show

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 08:07:00 AM »

I am on of the people who get VIP and take a second row seat, I just don't like the front row. I prefer having a human shield in front of me to protect me from a flying Stupified. LOL. I think, If VIP doesn't sell out, the dark match should be left off the DVD release, if it does sell out, it should be made available on the DVD. Sort of like a local Blackout in football. If there are unsold VIP Tickets, then people just aren't interested in spending the money for the match or they are just going to wait for it on the DVD.

Those are my thoughts anyways

***~~~Keeping "The PIMP Hand" Strong since 2010~~~***
BloodySavage

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 04:18:59 PM »

i get VIP for front row i prefer to be the human shield, as zztop put it, the dark match is a nice bonus tho

foam armour is GAY
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: