Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: C 4 guest bookers  (Read 11860 times)
ZZTop

Apex Wrestling Show

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 05:26:39 PM »

Other than putting up posters, going to events and handing out flyers and word of mouth, (All of which C*4 does) How else do you do that??

***~~~Keeping "The PIMP Hand" Strong since 2010~~~***
gordo
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 05:28:49 PM »

Do you not think though that a Kevin Steen  is a more powerful draw on a show than a ...I dunno, I don't want to slight anybody...Masked man A??

No I do not.

Because the majority of people don't have a fucking clue who he is. Stop looking at it through your uber-fan-internet-mark goggles. We are a niche group within a niche market. A market that has to compete with everything else for casual fan's entertainment dollars.

Once again... it is PRO WRESTLING that is the draw, NOT any one indy pro wrestler.
gordo
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 05:32:58 PM »

Other than putting up posters, going to events and handing out flyers and word of mouth, (All of which C*4 does) How else do you do that??

Well C*4's promotional efforts thus far appear to have had some success as their numbers continue to grow.

There are myriad ways to promote wrestling. Internet stuff has its place in that but by no means should it be the primary promotional tool. (Which, sadly, is how many indy promotions treat it.) The internet can be a great way to keep the fans you already have entertained between live shows (and to potentially move a little merch) but it's NOT the tool to use if you want to reach the casual masses.

pete
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 05:34:22 PM »

I also respect his rescission to put Steen as a champion. I think he would know best what a majority of the fans would enjoy. Do you at least agree on that point??

No arguement on that point, if the majority of C*4 fans see Steen as "God", if I were in Mark's shoes I would make Steen the champ as well, business is business, personal feeling have no place in any business.

You cannot, however, let personal opinions cloud your sense of judgement when it comes to talent.

Nothing that I ever said about Steen took anything away from his abilities, he is a very good talented wrestler, although I probably hate Steen worse than you hate Cena!  Wink
ZZTop

Apex Wrestling Show

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 05:39:34 PM »

I know most of the people that attend the events, I know I am there in line with my friends, say that Mark and C*4 are just wasting money doing posters and flyers because internet is the way to go. I think C*4's flyers and posters are what sets them apart fro the other companies. I have seen some shows that have two minute spots on the eleven O'clock news  and such but I have seen C*4 flyers and posters literally in every part of town. I personally think the "Old School" way of promotion works best. I agree that FaceBook, and Myspace and such are great "Accessories" but nothing compares to good old fashioned legwork which is where I feel alot of the other indies in the area have fallen behind.

Moonbase_Alpha
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 05:41:09 PM »

Well C*4's promotional efforts thus far appear to have had some success as their numbers continue to grow.

There are myriad ways to promote wrestling. Internet stuff has its place in that but by no means should it be the primary promotional tool. (Which, sadly, is how many indy promotions treat it.) The internet can be a great way to keep the fans you already have entertained between live shows (and to potentially move a little merch) but it's NOT the tool to use if you want to reach the casual masses.

I have been a wrestling addict, I guess, since I first saw it. I never had the chance to be a casual fan. I guess any kind of promotion depends on the time/effort/research put into it. I'll say this: Mark works as hard as any other promotion I've been to or watched here in Ontario.

I'll keep spreading the word. Hell, I had to give a speech in French to a group of colleagues on anything as long as I was comfortable with it. I chose pro wrestling.

No, I wasn't laughed out of the room (pretty close, though).

How about local cable as a promotional tool?
ZZTop

Apex Wrestling Show

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2009, 05:46:07 PM »

By local do you mean like A channel or Rogers or what??

pete
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 05:51:31 PM »

How about local cable as a promotional tool?

PCW has already done that and, uhh, well, hmm......

Anyways, here's the link, but you have to log in to facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/#/video/video.php?v=10117736873&oid=2258781945
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 05:55:39 PM by pete » Logged
Moonbase_Alpha
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 05:52:04 PM »

By local do you mean like A channel or Rogers or what??

I don't know which would have a cheaper 1-2 hour time slot but maybe do some co-op promos in exchange for tv time. (I.e - Rogers or A Channel banners/this event has been brought to you by "____")
ZZTop

Apex Wrestling Show

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2009, 05:55:06 PM »

That would kill the DVD sales and you also have to remember you have to pay the talent as well. So it would cost a lot of money to do that. Factor that in with, where would Mark find the time to do that?? I believe A channel works with CSE and as for CJOH they seem to be in with RWE since they have a partnership with the Slots, so that limits any potential to Rogers 22 and No one I know watches that. LOL

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to: