Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: C 4 guest bookers  (Read 12388 times)
Moonbase_Alpha
« on: December 03, 2009, 01:20:07 AM »

I know that the board is a bit quiet and this topic has been probably been done to death but:

1) Who would you push in the current C4 roster and why?
2) What storyline might draw for this person (persons)?

Something to think about...

« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 01:21:55 AM by Moonbase_Alpha » Logged
DieHard

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 02:24:55 PM »

I honestly don't think Rahim Ali gets the recognition he deserves.  He's always mid-carding wherever he performs.  He definitely has the ability to be one of the top guys.

Both he and MVP would be guys I push strong.

Bitch be tripping balls.

The Wrestling Game
http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w=144793
pete
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 04:53:17 PM »

Now that Rahim has turned heel, I'm sure he'll "find" a way to get to the very top. (Latinos aren't the only ones who can lie, cheat, and steal!)

I would REALLY look forward to see Rahim take the gold from C*4's present Chump (not a typo) and have the gold around a local's waist, where it should REALLY belong.

For that matter, MVP or anyone else would look better as C*4 Champion - it's always better to have a local holding the belt, at least you can count on them being available to defend it.
ZZTop

Apex Wrestling Show

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 10:37:02 PM »

so pete, in that logic, would you say that even though Terry Funk helped put the original ECW on the map but was not from Philly or the area, he wasn't deserving of the title because he wasn't local?? No hostility intended just asking

***~~~Keeping "The PIMP Hand" Strong since 2010~~~***
Moonbase_Alpha
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 12:45:38 AM »

Agreed for Rahim. He needs more victories under his belt first, to establish credibility/winning streak. Also, I love him for calling out that fan a few months ago and calling her a racist piece of sh*t.   Grin
ZZTop

Apex Wrestling Show

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 04:02:38 AM »

I think there are a few guys in C*4 that are great performers but I really don't think any of them are at the Plateau yet, where they can carry a "World title", I mean locals by that. I am sure Uno  could, in fact he has. But Rush, MVP, Ali or any of them I don't think have the necessary name to carry a big title and be a franchise yet. Out of all of them though, MVP is definitely the closest to that level.

RotchyKongISW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 01:08:28 PM »

It's an indy.  With the right push, anyone can be champ.

www.interspecieswrestling.com
"Pro wrestling is f***ed, and we're doing the f***ing."
pete
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 04:14:02 PM »

so pete, in that logic, would you say that even though Terry Funk helped put the original ECW on the map but was not from Philly or the area, he wasn't deserving of the title because he wasn't local?? No hostility intended just asking
No arguement here in that particular case, due to the fact that ECW was just a tad more mainstream than C*4. The day that it can be proven to me that Steen will put C*4 "on the map" in a sense equal to or better than what Terry Funk had done for ECW, I'll get down on my knees and tell him how sorry I was for all the mean things I said - NOT!  Grin 
ZZTop

Apex Wrestling Show

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 04:28:44 PM »

In my opinion, Kevin has already put on on the map. You take a guy who has wrestled over in Japan, Ring of Honor, PWG, Iws and so on and so on. You make him a local champion, someone wrestling fans can relate to. Someone they have seen on  American TV and that elevated the title.  Can you name one other local promotion who has an international star as their champion??  Now to me, taking a regional title international, that would be mainstream. Also, when Terry was first in the ECW in 1993 they were on the  local public station. The equivalent of Rogers 22 here, it was only after they started selling out the venue, DUE TO PEOPLE LIKE TERRY FUNK, Crash the terminator, The headhunters and others. So to me, I feel Steen has elevated the title Higher than a local could AT THIS POINT. Now I don't want people thinking I am a Steen mark. I respect his ability in the ring, only an idiot wouldn't. I respect his promo skills, now his shooting on fans, maybe sometimes deserved, maybe sometimes not so much but you have to, as a local indy supporter, respect someone who carries the belt to another country to defend it. Those are my views, I could be wrong. I welcome any other opinions.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 04:44:09 PM by ZZTop » Logged

Moonbase_Alpha
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 04:32:29 PM »

To me, Steen has been impressive as C4 champ. In his previous promos, he's elevated our local title...trying to make it meaningful in other indy promotions. It makes the word of mouth all that more important and valuable to C4, to draw in fans from other feds. I say this makes a good champ in any federation/promotion where outside work is allowed.

Also, the go home driver is cool.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to: