Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Thoughts and Impressions on Only the Best 2??  (Read 12195 times)
ZZTop

Apex Wrestling Show

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2009, 07:55:34 PM »

Well I feel a little better knowing he is going after more than just me. This sounds oddly familiar. Using multiple references to point at different people. HMMM

***~~~Keeping "The PIMP Hand" Strong since 2010~~~***
BloodySavage

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2009, 07:59:51 PM »

i might seem like im gonna lose it but i will go right up 2 the wrestler later, shake their hand and say good match, unless it sucked then i will leave out the good match part, not always ( i have way 2 much fun fuckin with sum of them, and it would take sum of that away)
i have been tossed and slapped by wrestlers and not tried to get into it with them, its part of the show for me, i got spit on once tho and i was pissed, but i will never go back to that promotion

foam armour is GAY
subway
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2009, 08:48:18 PM »

i got spit on once tho and i was pissed, but i will never go back to that promotion

I'm glad it didn't happen at C*4 ... I couldn't imagine shows without you in the front row, hollering all night!
BloodySavage

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 08:51:40 PM »

security would be pretty boring i bet

foam armour is GAY
ZZTop

Apex Wrestling Show

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2009, 08:55:04 PM »

And the bar would go bankrupt

***~~~Keeping "The PIMP Hand" Strong since 2010~~~***
Moonbase_Alpha
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2009, 08:55:57 PM »

Who would the wrestlers react to without the drunk tank? xp
BloodySavage

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2009, 08:59:11 PM »

anthony would be a busy little bee

foam armour is GAY
Nwo4LiFe
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2009, 10:24:37 PM »

LOL
Darcy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2009, 03:00:31 PM »

Ethan Page vs Rahim

Ethan Page's gimmick is the same as Chaz Lovely with maybe a dash of Shayne Hawke? He was alright just seemed kind of lame to run almost the same concept that is already being used by others.

Beef vs The Hacker: 8/10

Loved the hacker esp entrance music. Entertaining all around, no ass-punch though that was a bit of a surprise. We were hesitant about the guy "from the world of warcraft" and whether he would be lame or not. Scotty pulled it off pretty well though. Keyboard prop is a nice touch!

Addy vs Eddy vs Rush: 7/10

The setup was awesome. Rush needs a metal chair though. Not that plastic doesn't probably hurt too but honestly? Its not even the type of chair anyone is sitting on in the venue so its his "from home". Next someone is gonna come in with one of those molson canadian fold-up lawn chairs and start hitting people with that...

The rahim turn at the end - loved it. Definitely didn't see that one coming. Rahim needs to go back to being a bad persian dude. This technical wrestling good-guy angle is bleh. Gimmick is boring, submissions are (almost always) boring. 

J Rukn vs Brad Martin: 1/10

To me J Rukn is an unremarkable wrestler with no gimmick at all so his matches bore me to tears. Anyone who wrestles as their own name (brad martin) just makes me think of barry hernandez or barry horowitz or whatever those old WWE dudes used to be.

Warriors vs up in smoke: 5/10 (i really didnt pay attention to this one)

Psycho mike is a great character, too bad the scientific wrestling machine was a no-show XD
"Psycho” Mike Rollins, and the scientific wrestling machine, Josh Alexander, have put on show stealing performances since their debuts in C*4, this Saturday should be no difference."

Team Canada vs untouchables (2/10)

Didn't care. Never watched TNA so these name dudes have pretty low appeal to me. I remember untouchables vs flatliners being a lot more interesting.

MVP vs Twiggy (10/10)

Thought they might take it outside at some point. Twiggy earns some respect for the table shot. This was a huge step up for him from the first match I ever saw him in vs shayne hawke. That "bunkhouse brawl" was where my dislike for him began as it was just out and out crap. MVPs loss was expected, the story couldn't continue to go on and on. When MVP won the match last season to ban twiggy for 1 year it was a shock. We figured twiggy was going off to college so wouldn't be around to wrestle. Since he's clearly still in town, MVP wouldn't win this unless twiggy was changing gimmicks or something. Still an excellent match, its cool when the fight spills into the crowd, this one was more like the fight sometimes spilled into the ring.

And generally I liked the reversion to the old setup with the wrestlers coming out from behind the bar!

my 0.02
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to: