Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: A few questions for our fans...  (Read 10760 times)
C*4
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2010, 06:29:01 PM »

Some questions to our fans....
What do you most like about C*4 that you do not find in other available products?  

What makes you chose to spend money on C*4 events rather than other available products (international or local)?

Where do you see room for improvement in terms of our events?

What do you wish there was more of in C*4?

What ways do you think we could better spread the word about C*4?

How did you first become aware of C*4?   

What was your first C*4 show?

What "hooked" you to become a C*4 fan?

Any other suggestions, comments, and general feelings towards C*4 are welcome!
Moonbase_Alpha
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 06:36:37 PM »

What do you most like about C*4 that you do not find in other available products?
Actual wrestling and wrestlers who interact with the fans while wrestling.

What makes you chose to spend money on C*4 events rather than other available products (international or local)?
Quality matches that are longer than 4-6 minutes. Great DVD quality, good camera work.

As always, maybe a C4 banner/tapestry over the wrestler's entrance to make it look better on DVD.

Hard hitting and entertaining women wrestlers, not just T & or A. Smiley

Word of mouth works but how about cheap advertising on college or campus community radio? Students love to drink and be entertained. More interviews with prominent wrestling websites to generate more traffic at shows?

We saw a poster with Sonjay Dutt on it. We were amazed an ex-TNA wrestler would come up here since we thought there was little to no interest after we attended the Gatineau TNA house show.

The one with Sonjay...

The promo Kevin Steen cut on the Drunk Tank after the match. Simply amazing! We never looked back. Also, the fact that the fans cheered and booed who they wanted to and the wrestlers adapted and changed character mid-match. The fast-paced, technical and brawling style in C4. Sara Del Rey's excellent wrestling style and the "Slap me, Sara" sign. The kid was askin' for it.

Suggestions/Comments
a) Continue with the recurring matches and backstory to keep us interested in more than just the wrestling. Nothing too over the top or unbelievable though.
b) Keep bringing in outside wrestlers with more experience to work with the locals.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 07:16:06 PM by Moonbase_Alpha » Logged
C*4
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 07:04:07 PM »

Thanks ~  Looking forward to hearing from all our other fans!
Nwo4LiFe
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 07:43:21 PM »

I heard about the show on the old Barbed Wire Board and have been hooked from day 1 I think the wrestling is great,the fans are great and the talent is A1.The only thing I'd change is stop bringing in so many ROH Stars I'd rather see more local guys get a shot then these outsiders.

bflat42

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 07:49:31 PM »

The quality of wrestling matches and talent presented. I appreciate the fact that you're working a "seasoned" system instead of trying to get talent for bi-monthly shows that would water down the overall quality of the product. The crowd is always into every match - sometimes a little too into the match in the case of certain Drunk Tank regulars - and never sit on their hands. Overall the atmosphere is a welcome one where fans of professional wrestling can have their minds blown six times a season.

The ring seems to be in a terrible state most shows. I feel bad for the workers coming out to tighten the ropes after the dark matches and during intermission. A C*4 banner over the entranceway is nice but not needed, IMHO. I understand there are limitations in terms of the ceiling height at The Bomb Shelter, but the ropes and canvas make an otherwise stellar indy fed seem rinky-dink.

I would love it if you guys started offering your own swag in addition to the DVDs. I'd rock a C*4 t-shirt. Also, book more CHIKARA talent.  Delaney and Lee were hard workers, and quite respectful to their opponents post-match.  Class acts.

I'm fairly certain you could get some free interview time on the college and university radio stations in the area. If Mark isn't the most confident speaker about his product, you could always send some local talent to try to put butts in seats. It might also behove you to offer matches on YouTube that aren't simply dark matches before events.  Say, a marquee match from season one or so.

I saw a poster taped to a pole while I was walking down Elgin.

C*4 Domination from season one.

I was hooked after that first show. Everyone worked their asses off, fans and wrestlers included, to put on a great show and they succeeded. I've been coming back ever since.
Whiteburbia
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 08:58:51 PM »

Good wrestling, longer matches, fantastic talent.

I only watch indy wrasslin (gave up on WWE and TNA a long time ago). C*4 is the best product around.

Maybe 2 short intermissions. Tighten up the ring. Cut down on the comedy matches. Wanna see more local talent.

I got nothing..

Let me continue to put edited matches on my YouTube page. Sara Del Ray just passed 11000 hits, and I've had inquires on where to buy C*4 DVDs. Do some local radio ads.

Some of the original Drunk Tank members took me to a show. I had no idea C*4 existed before then.

Domination 2008 I think.

I can drink, yell, and the wrassler/fan interaction. And of course the freakin fantastic wrestling.
DieHard

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 09:07:42 PM »

Organization.  Top-notch talent.  Showing they give a rats ass about all the fans and their enjoyment, not just a certain demographic. Kids enjoy the shows just as much as the geezers.

I`ll have to repeat answer 1.  You make an effort to provide us with the best guys available, and not just the best local guys and your buddies.

None.  

Ladies wrestling.  I understand that there isn`t exactly an overabundance of lady wrestlers around, but we need to see more than one or two matches a season.

The old adage - it takes money to make money.  Unfortunately, handing out fliers at the WWE show didn`t seem to amount to squat.  Get a radio or tv personality involved in some way is an interesting way to get the word out.  It worked well for PCW when they had Eric the Intern involved from CHEZ 106 for a couple of shows.

I have no idea, honestly.  Must have been from Barbed Wire, or Anthony at a PCW show.

Your first show.

Again - repeat answer 1.  

Bitch be tripping balls.

The Wrestling Game
http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w=144793
Le Bum

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 09:16:51 PM »

Mark, you're organization is A1, top to bottom. The entertainment value is way up there. The booking and storylimes are solid. The variety of wrestlers coming in is great (Toronto area, Montreal, etc...).

The only negative point I have is the venue (i.e. low-ceiling). When you're sitting in the back and the grapplin is on the mat, then you gotta get up continuously to better see the action. As well, the low-ceiling limits some of the stuff the high flyers (Stupefied, Uno, Extremo, etc...) can do. Oh and the ropes...they gotta be fixed (tightened).

Keep up the good work!

Maryse est hot en clisse.
BloodySavage

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 02:16:58 AM »

-the promoter isnt a douche ( not including UWA those guys are also not douches)

-i have fun there, not just waiting for the pain to end

- fire Rush

- 19 + only shows
- Pepito the wrestling cat

- radio, tv, newspaper

How did you first become aware of C*4

-brought 2 a show by original members of the drunk tank ( now C4 knows who to blame)

-killed 2 many braincells 2 be sure but i think it was first show of season 2

- if u have ever seen me at a show, that is your answer

foam armour is GAY
jason

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 03:09:19 AM »

They bring in international workers - I've seen ROH, CHKARA, TNA and Japanese workers.  Keep it up!!

Coming from near Cornwall for every show, we're impressed with how close it is for shows, the entertainment value we get and the superb wrestling on these cards.

Stop the brawling in the crowds and throwing guys into the seats.  I got blasted in the nose two years ago and it was uncalled for.  It doesn't add anything to a match.  I'd much rather see technical chain wrestling (like Elgin demonstrated in the season finale).

ROH wrestlers, but I understand the money issue.

Stop advertising to your clientele only.  I know hundreds of fans that have NO IDEA there is indy shows in Ottawa.  If C4 advertised only ONE day in the Ottawa Sun - they'd double attendance, I swear!  If WWE could sell seats at ScotiaBank Place, the KOC in Vanier would be packed.

Have the workers do spots on the TEAM 1200 - the program director in the afternoon is a HUGE fan.

You can get mentioned on CTV news in the community calendar.

Pass out posters at malls, not just taped on light poles.

Have Tim Baines attend a show, not just write about it in his column.  One featured story with pictures on a Saturday would increase business ten-fold.

or, ask anybody with a marketing degree what they'd do to help, I don't, but this is just what came to mind off the top of my head

The flyers passed out after the TNA house show in Gatineau.   

The first ever one.

They brought in known talent, and MVP was working there, I loved him in the UWA.

Any other suggestions, comments, and general feelings towards C*4 are welcome!

Don't ever book that bum Dave Titan.  He gets blown up way too easily and his back is full of disgusting bacne.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: