Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: About the C*4 Announce booth...  (Read 4589 times)
mattyjay

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2010, 02:23:24 AM »

Hey guys,

It's been a while since the wrestling vlog, (speaking of, THANK YOU for the help and support, By the way,) and this idea
has been thrown around both at work and the last C*4 event (at the line, of course.)  

So I'm throwing this out there since I'm sure most, if not all of you have noticed that the regular play-By-Play
guy, one Mike Rotch, hasn't been around lately, having been replaced by someone else.

How about this: What do you guys think about me going in the announce booth for the night of June 18?
I really do believe myself ready for a task like this.  

Equipment-wise, I do know that Fortune Video has there own stuff, however
I sure I can get some stuff from work if need be.

And just in case any of the management reads this: I've already paid for my ticket for the event on the 18th,
the only payment I seek is the experience itself and I will be respectful to all involved in the event.

So what do you think?

Oh, and if anyone's wondering about the voice, here's the a link to the latest
episode of the Podcast I do called the "Wrestle-Cast"

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/community/blog/22250
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 02:45:39 AM by mattyjay » Logged
ZZTop

Apex Wrestling Show

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 04:47:11 AM »

No offense is intended in what I am about to say here but the fact that you are suggesting yourself and have not been asked or even submitted a resume to Mark shows you need a lot more experience before you are up for the task. I don't doubt your ability and confidence is always a good quality but doing a podcast, and trust me I know, is a lot more difficult on the fly and live. I do a weekly live show and have been offered a commentary spot, not with C*4 but with another company and I don't know if I am ready for it. There is no edit button on a live show.

That is my opinion so you can take it for what it is worth but I feel you should try doing smaller feds with newer guys before trying to jump into the deep water with the guys who have done it for a while. Keep doing what you do and one day it could happen but to nominate yourself, seems, over the top.

JB

***~~~Keeping "The PIMP Hand" Strong since 2010~~~***
Nwo4LiFe
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 12:05:24 PM »

Matt I think C4 already has 2 commentators full time and from what I've heard Rotchy will be at the June 18TH show like ZZTop said you don't know what your getting yourself into so practice 1st then try asking..
mattyjay

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 12:20:35 PM »

No offense is intended in what I am about to say here but the fact that you are suggesting yourself and have not been asked or even submitted a resume to Mark shows you need a lot more experience before you are up for the task. I don't doubt your ability and confidence is always a good quality but doing a podcast, and trust me I know, is a lot more difficult on the fly and live. I do a weekly live show and have been offered a commentary spot, not with C*4 but with another company and I don't know if I am ready for it. There is no edit button on a live show.

That is my opinion so you can take it for what it is worth but I feel you should try doing smaller feds with newer guys before trying to jump into the deep water with the guys who have done it for a while. Keep doing what you do and one day it could happen but to nominate yourself, seems, over the top.

JB

I don't feel offended  at all.  I just wanted some opinions on the subject before i do anything else.  KNOW I need experience in particular field
DieHard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 12:26:15 PM »

Rotchy will be at the June 18th show?  That would be fucking awesome!

Bitch be tripping balls.

The Wrestling Game
http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w=144793
RotchyKongISW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 09:54:30 PM »

Rotchy sucks.

www.interspecieswrestling.com
"Pro wrestling is f***ed, and we're doing the f***ing."
ATJB

C4 Wrestling Play by Play

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 01:17:58 AM »

And apparently has multiple personalities
ZZTop

Apex Wrestling Show

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 07:39:44 PM »

So ATJB, how was our first live experience,

ATJB

C4 Wrestling Play by Play

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 07:58:54 PM »

pretty good, had a blast doing so and I hope the good times will keep on going in my little venture into wrestling reporting
ZZTop

Apex Wrestling Show

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 08:06:24 PM »

Anyone who missed the live show can still visit the link and listen to the ENTIRE 1 hour plus show complete with one of the best Drunken Jason Cage stories and road ribs I have heard

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: