Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Welcome! - Introducing the C*4 Wrestling Fan Community  (Read 6946 times)
Admin
Administrator

I drink blood

View Profile WWW
« on: November 10, 2009, 12:49:14 AM »

We had announced a few weeks ago that the Barbed Wire Board was undergoing changes in the near future, and it looks like the near future is here. As of November 21st, 2009, The Barbed Wire Board - a forum for indy wrestling fans in the greater Ottawa area, is becoming the C*4 Fan Community -  a forum for indy wrestling fans in the greater Ottawa area, with a C*4 logo at the top.

Why the change?
Well, there are a number of reasons, but what it came down to was hosting. I'm getting off of my old host, so the Barbed Wire Board needed a home. Mark and C*4 Wrestling were always interested in their own message forum, and are huge supporters of the Ottawa independent wrestling scene, so they have taken over hosting of Ottawa's wrestling forum, and it will be integrated into their new website. Ottawa's Matt Fortune and Mike Rotch - co-promoters of Inter Species Wrestling (read: man on animal action) and huge supporters of indy wrestling - have also agreed to stay on as Moderators.

What does this mean for members at the Barbed Wire Board?
Not much, hopefully - just a new place to post. I migrated all active accounts over to this board, so I'd recommend logging out of the Barbed Wire Board, and logging into the C*4 Fan Community with your Barbed Wire Boad user name and password. Once you're logged into this board, post away. If you have trouble logging in, send me a PM (to user name "Kris") on the Barbed Wire Board and i'll make sure that your account was transferred properly. The Barbed Wire Board will be locked for posting after the November 21st C*4 event.

What does this mean for local Ottawa promoters?
Not much, hopefully - just a new place to post. Local promoters are invited to continue providing fans with updates in the General Wrestling Discussion forum.

Something is broken or missing!
If you notice something missing, or something isn't working perfectly - send me a PM and i'll look into it. There are a few things in the forum interface that I still want to make stand out a little more (post/reply buttons, title of current forum, etc.), but if you have any other suggestions PM me. Some things are missing by design. We will no longer be hosting a French section due to inactivity and requests to close it. Any threads currently on the Barbed Wire Board will not be transferred over - we're starting with a clean slate. For the time being, the Barbed Wire Board will still be accessible for reference purposes only.

On behalf of C*4 wrestling - Welcome to the C*4 Fan Community, and happy posting.

Kris
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 12:46:14 PM by Admin » Logged

Posting and you: http://fun.drno.de/flash/posting.swf

I'm glad piss hands isn't at shows anymore.
Admin
Administrator

I drink blood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 02:19:46 PM »

I'll have to get the quick reply Mod installed today... forgot that one! Thanks!

Le Bum

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 04:00:16 PM »

Awesome job Kris. Keep up the good work!  Cool

Maryse est hot en clisse.
Admin
Administrator

I drink blood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 04:58:57 PM »

Anybody who had access to post in the "Local Wrestling News" forum, or any of the staff forums on the BWB can now access the C*4 Fan Community. My Bad.  Undecided

The Phil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 05:09:12 PM »

I'll have to get the quick reply Mod installed today... forgot that one! Thanks!
Or you can turn it on urself by going to ur profile settings under Look and Layout Preferences.

Admin
Administrator

I drink blood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 05:18:59 PM »

Yeah, I just flipped the setting on for everybody. I'd like to get an upgraded version though with some formatting and ajax for instant updating.

DieHard

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 06:27:51 PM »

Very cool!!

Bitch be tripping balls.

The Wrestling Game
http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w=144793
Moonbase_Alpha
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 08:49:46 PM »

Cool new site. Great job so far. Smiley
C*4
Administrator