Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: C*4 "THE HELLBENDERS" - Official Results  (Read 1503 times)
C*4
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: April 18, 2016, 02:33:16 PM »

C*4 presents “HELLBENDERS” – Official Results
Ottawa, Ontario
April 15th, 2016

Attendance:  Sell Out – Standing Room Only!
Announcer: The Voice
Commentary: Adam B & Chaz Lovely

Pre-Show
•   Colin Oliver beat Decker Lockart
•   Deeno Benjamin pinned Kobe Durst

Main Card
1.   Debuting on the main roster, The Strangebulls, Justin Turnbull and Oliver Strange, shocked many in attendance with a big win against “MVP” Michael Von Payton and Vanessa Kraven, in a match also featuring the duos of Velvet Jones and Mr. Rukin, as well as, Eddy ErDogan and Marc Mercer.    Turnbull and Strange immediately jump into a competitive tag team scene with the big win!

The other big story of the match was the blow-up between Von Payton and Kraven.  Simmering for several months, things finally boiled over here, as the two came to blows, allowing for Strange and Turnbull to take advantage.

2.   Space Monkey beat Twiggy.

3.   “The Curse” Cecil Nyx shockingly managed to defeat Viking, and win a four-corner scramble, also featuring Shane Sabre and Lionel Knight.

4.   In a highly competitive, and physical contest, “Speedball” Mike Bailey pinned the returning “All Ego” Ethan Page, following a shooting star double-knee drop, and a stiff kick to the head.  

Prior to the start of the match, Page showed up wearing a Cobra Kai Dojo Gi, and mocked Bailey’s well known martial arts expertise.   Bailey took it all in stride however, and did not let “All Ego” and his mockery to sway him.

5.   The tandem of 2 Cold Scorpio and Brent Banks beat Fight or Flight, Vaughn Vertigo and Gabriel Fuerza, in a fast paced, and high-flying encounter.

6.   The trio of Thomas Dubois, Stu Grayson and Evan Adams, defeated the Pineapple Soda Club, featuring C*4 Tag Team Champions, Cuts N’ Guts, Tarik and Greed, as well as Sebastian Suave, in a high impact and physical six man tag team match.

7.   Franky the Mobster won an impromptu three-way dance featuring “The King of Dong Style”, Joey Ryan, and surprise entrant, Sexxxy Eddy.

Eddy made his C*4 return before the start of the next match as he took exception to Joey Ryan’s various self-appointed nicknames and hyperbolic statements made about his own “assets”.

In a wildly entertaining match, Franky the Mobster managed to defeat both opponents.

8.   In the main event, C*4 Champion, Mathieu St. Jacques managed to retain his Championship after forcing Tyson Dux to tap-out to his patented Canadian Cloverleaf submission.  

The two men went head to head, and left it all in the ring, in a tremendously physical contest, that left both men battered, and a bloodied Dux with a gash that required several staples to close.

St. Jacques continues to go through any and all challengers who step-up against him, and in the process on this night, won the respect of the well-travelled vet, Dux.

C*4 once again thanks all of our amazing fans who once again SOLD OUT the VCC, and stayed loud all night long!  

We invite you all out on Friday May 27th, for the penultimate event of the Season, as we present MEGAFORCE!   Details for this show will be coming soon, but you can purchase advance tickets NOW at both the Venue, and Vertigo Records!

Walleye

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 08:06:06 PM »

Fantastic show top to bottom.  It's been a year since I've last gone to a show and now that I have a new job with a consistant schedule I will be at the shows more often.   Don't know if Friday is the new night for C4 but I prefer it to Saturday.
Guthrie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 04:49:18 PM »

C*4's Hellbenders is in the books and it was another classic. No wonder C*4's a constant sell out, but more on that later, let's get to some matches.

Okay, so I'm not going to talk about this match so much as it's story line implications. Though a debut win is huge for the Strange Bulls, it doesn't exactly put them in the title picture. The real story is MVP and Kraven. This match has been in the making for awhile and with Crossing the Line 9 only just a couple shows away, it could end up with a big payoff.

Unfortunately I was standing in a rather lengthy beer line when Twiggy lost to the Space Monkey, so I didn't get a great look at the aftermath of Twiggy's defeat. No one stirs up anger like Twiggy and I, for one, am really looking forward to seeing how the audience will react the next time he comes out. The Twiggy/Space Monkey rivalry has been fun to watch, one purposely and admittedly trying to have the worst match possible and the other trying to have the funnest. It's made a lot of sense to me why these two might not get along.

Cecil Nyx (in my opinion C*4's top heel) had another big win. Cecil has been tremendous this season not having been pinned or submitted since Crossing the line 8. Along with this impressive streak he has had some great matches as well, many of which have been brutal hard hitting affairs. This victory falls in line with those perfectly.

Mike Bailey and Ethan Page had in my opinion one of the best pure wrestling matches I have ever seen in C*4. As usual Ethan played a perfect heel and mocking Bailey with the Cobra Ki gi was a beautiful little touch. In my time as a C*4 fan these have been my two favorite bad guy/good guy wrestlers and I literally couldn't believe it was a first time ever match. Thank you C*4 for making it happen! MOTN.

I said earlier that the opening match may not have put the winners straight into tag team championship contender status but these following two matches certainly did that. Seeing how the tag team champs were part of the losing team in the 6-man tag makes for an interesting situation. It must put at least two of the three winning wrestlers in some kind of hunt for the tag straps but which two. All six of these guys have been great, especially recently, so I'm hoping we see more of this rather large fued.

Scorpio and Banks scored a very exciting win which saw Fight or Flight come surprisingly close to victory at times. Scorpio and Banks seem to be quickly gelling as a formidable team and should be considered a serious threat by Tariq and Greed.

I was soooo happy when Sexxxy Eddy's music hit to make the Franky vs Joey Ryan match a three-way. This was another dream match that I can't believe hasn't happened before. But hey if the "King of Dong Style" were to go up against the triple X sex exxpress, for the first time, where better than C*4.

The main event was a strong, hard hitting match, just the way Mathieu St Jacques likes them. It seemed a little bit short, but I guess needing several staples in the head might make you consider taping out a little quicker then usual. I sure hope Dux didn't get the same staples as Viking at the last show. Another great main event by a fighting champion and talented challenger.

This has been the best C*4 season I've been apart of. Great title matches and a very strong title reign has put the C*4 title back into the main event. It has me wondering who has had the best matches to earn a title shot as opposed to wondering who is the best fit to feud the current champion, which makes me more invested in the mid card. It seems the mid card wrestlers have had a similar feeling as we've had more and more new faces going the extra mile to steal the show. I literally can't wait to see where C*4 goes from here as "the road to Crossing the Line" winds down.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: