Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: A message to our fans - C*4 needs you! (2011 OWIE Awards)  (Read 5648 times)
Walleye

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 04:20:54 PM »

And selfishly voted for myself as fan of the year!
C*4
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 08:52:46 PM »

Really happy to see people voting.  Keep on going!
Also, feel free to share your votes here!
KS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 09:43:01 PM »

Done and done! Sent some from me, the wife, and sis! Hope C4 gets a lot of wins!

Gordo
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 11:31:18 PM »

Will submit mine today.

Would be really cool to see Matty win the Eastern Ontario Fan of the Year award!

Can anyone help with a list of male/female rookies in the area?

According to the rules, 8 Ball/Speedball Mike Bailey might qualify (if he made his C*4 debut after January 1st, 2010).

I think it must be a typo - as Cecil Nyx debuted in January 2010.   I would assume it is debuts in 2011 only.

Just to clarify... Last year the eligibility period for rookies was Aug 1st 09 to Dec 31st 2010. This year (and for every year to come) I've extended the rookie eligibility period to 2 full years.... Just to make it easier.

It's like this...

IF I restrict a rookie's eligibility to just the current year (2011) the potential for people getting overlooked is too great.

Under a 1 yr system for 2011:
Mark debuts Jan 12
Bobby debuts May 2
Carl debuts Nov 3

Now... who do YOU think would be considered for the Rookie award in that scenario. I know who it WOULDN'T be... Carl
And Carl would be pooched for the 2012 because... he debuted in 2011.

With a 2 year eligibility period even if someone debuts in Dec of this year they still have an entire year to make an impression on voters.

And don't forget, some rooks take 6-8 months to really show the potential they possess while others rocket to mediocrity in 1-3 months.

A 2 year eligibility period was the best way I could think of to give everyone a fair shake. If they debut late this year, they can still win next year. Nyx can't win this year because he was 2010's award winner and this is the only OWIE AWARD that can't be won twice (reason enough right there to give everyone a fair shot at it)

So THIS year's rookie eligibility is anyone (BUT Cecil Nyx) who debut on or later than Jan 1st 2010.

This year is the last kick at the can for those who debuted in 2010. The people who debuted this year have to slug it out with those from 2010 which MIGHT mean one of the 2011's won't get it but in 2012 it will be them going up against the rooks of next year.

I hope this clears things up.

Last year the East had no female winner as there were no rookies
This year I believe there's Jen Aya (did I get that right? Rotch knows of her. She worked (or is working) one of Greg's CWA shows in Cornwall I think.), & Thirsty Domino ? - I dunno, I'm guessing.

By the way,
Cool thread. Great idea.
C*4
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 05:41:23 PM »

Thanks for the clarification Gordo!

Keep up the voting guys!
C*4
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 05:37:52 PM »